Chicken Tikka Masala is Indian’s favorite traditional dish all over the world. In the chicken Tikka masala recipe, Chicken is marinated in aromatic traditional spices like ginger garlic paste, turmeric, yogurt, and cumin powder for 4-6 hours and then cooked over coals heat. These BBQ chicken pieces are then soaked in tomato gravy which is prepared by a blend of onion, tomato, and other Indian spices like garam masala, cloves, and dar chini, etc.
Many people think that this Indian delicacy is a truly Indian dish but the Chicken tikka masala recipe was originated in Britain. Some historians say that it comes from Moti Mahal same as the butter chicken. The owner of Moti Mahal mixed the leftover chicken tikka masala in tomato and yogurt gravy.
Restaurant-style tikka Masala opskrift of Bindia has low carbs, no sugar, no artificial food coloring, and no preservatives. Apart from the regular chicken tikka masala recipe, we add some secret spices to make it the best chicken tikka masala for takeaway in Copenhagen.
Restaurant Style Chicken Tikka Masala recipe
This chicken tikka masala recipe is not the same as the chicken tikka masala available at Bindia Indisk Mad Takeaway.
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tablespoons yogurt for the marinade
- 2lbs boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 cups tomato puree
- 1 small onion, diced
- Make a marinade in a medium-size bowl with 1tbsp curry powder, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1tbsp ghee, 2tbsp yogurt, and 2 garlic cloves.
- Cut chicken thighs into small bite-size pieces and mix them into a marinade that you prepared in the first step. Cover it and leave it to marinate for a minimum of two hours.
- Fry chopped onions and crushed garlic in 1tbsp of oil on lower flame.
- Fry the onion and garlic for up to 5 minutes until they get soft and brown.
- Add 2 or 3 tbsp of curry powder to friend onion depending upon your taste.
- Add tomato puree, 1 cup of water, and 1tbsp of yogurt and let it cook until it becomes a silky and smooth curry.
- Roast chicken pieces on a grill or on the coals for 20 minutes until they are fully cooked and soft.
- Add roasted chicken pieces to tomato curry and serve it with roti/paratha or nan.